To report Public Health Emergencies call (907) 269-8000
or after hours (800) 478-0084
Section of Epidemiology Assistance
For most conditions, the basic information requested on the applicable report form is all that is necessary for reporting. For some situations, an epidemiologist will contact the reporting health care provider to discuss the case and obtain additional information.
Further assistance may be obtained by calling the Section of Epidemiology at 1-907-269-8000. Available assistance includes:
- Epidemiologic investigation.
- Infectious disease consultation.
- Consultation on diseases related to occupational or environmental exposure to a toxic or hazardous substance.
- Partner counseling and referral services for patients with a sexually transmitted disease, including AIDS or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
- Information on and assistance in obtaining diagnostic laboratory tests.
- Information on and assistance with electronic reporting by modem, computer disk, or other media.